RESIN HATE

So obviously I'm an advocate for resin toys and things always get heated on forums when the old argument comes up that RESIN IS THE DEVIL.
Sometimes I argue both sides...
Today I was doing the "I wouldn't pay THAT much for a resin toy that size because that's just crazy." Then I launched into my "Resin is good" speech which looks like this:

"**if this was vinyl I would definitely buy it**....I hear that all the time about the ACE and I follow it up with "If it's a good design why does it matter what it's made of?" The tired old excuse of "I might drop it." is sad because...well...how impaired are you that you drop every toy you handle?
I haven't dropped a toy since I was 3. How many toys have you dropped lately?
Clear resin is a total shit to break.
My vinyl MEDUSA came snapped IN BOX. Vinyl does break! I bought a set of those Oban Star Racer girl figures and 3 of their arms fell off as they emerged from the box! All vinyl and brand new.
The paint rubs off vinyl if you accidently rub two vinyl toys of the same type together...not even vigorously. Place Mighty muggs, big dunnys, Trexies etc on a shelf touching and then jostle the shelf and each one will paint rub onto the one next to it and you'll think they have tiny crayon marks all over them. Resin hate is just a weird trend that someone started and it caught on and became toy industry lore. Now, like any other unspoken rule that people adhere to for no good reason one day resin will become super cool again for a short time...like denim on denim.

What people don't realise is EVERYONE is doing resin...Paul Kaiju, Bwana Spoons, Sucklord....these guys are FUCKING AWESOME big resin sellers!

The people we'll hate on who are actually buying our toys are all trying to make toys using resin. WE make toys out of resin. Always complaining about resin toys and then making toys out of resin sorta makes us look like dicks...
Thousands of people buy Maquettes and mini statues everyday and then say "Resin, fuck that!" while surrounding themselves in statues made of the stuff.
Same thing people.
My art toy is the same as your Yoda/Optimus Prime Statue statue....except when you drop it he doesn't explode.
Look, you are your own person. Don't listen to me, or them.
If you like it, buy it. Who cares what people you don't know think...they don't live in your house.

Copyright © / Smash Tokyo Toys

Template by : Urang-kurai / powered by :blogger